ABSN Admissions Requirements
You don’t need prior health care experience to enroll in the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Averett University, but there are certain requirements before you can begin the admissions process.
To become eligible for admission into the Averett ABSN program, students must have a non-nursing bachelor’s degree OR have completed at least 60 non-nursing credits from a regionally accredited higher education institution with a minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA across all prior institutions.
Additionally, applicants must achieve the following:
- Complete all prerequisites*
- Pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam with a score of 65% or higher within one year of application**
- Pass all math and science courses with a grade of “C-” or better
- Have no prior nursing program dismissals (grades below “C” in nursing courses of program)
- Complete a certified criminal background check
*Students with prerequisite courses in progress will receive provisional admission into the program, subject to their successful completion of remaining prerequisites taken at Averett University.
**Students are only allowed to re-take the TEAS exam up to two times per calendar year at their own expense.
Students with patterns of withdrawals from science coursework, repeated science courses, poor math grades, etc., may be denied based on these criteria.
Degrees Obtained Outside the United States
If you earned your non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a college or university outside the United States, you must also meet another series of ABSN admission requirements, including the following:
- Transcript evaluation by World Education Services to determine regional college and Graduate & Professional Studies equivalencies consistent with those required for all students.
- Completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if applicable.
Want to Know More About the Requirements?
For more information about our ABSN requirements, please contact an admissions counselor.